Saturday, March 21, 2009

Due in October

Kimber is going to be a big brother, hopefully in October. The reason why I say "hopefully" is due to that Kimber was a 3 month extreme preemie. We are hoping the this one will stay put for the full 9 months.

We found out that I was pregnant on Feb 11th with a home pregnancy test. We then went to the doctor's office on March 10th and it was confirmed that I was pregnant. The due date is October 14th. So at this point I am 10 weeks. At the doctor appointment we had our first ultrasound done to confirm a heart beat, a strong one for that matter. Greg & Kimber were both at the appointment and were able to see the ultrasound. We saw the heart beat and the baby moving. What an exciting moment. It took Greg a few moments to see everything on the screen, he was amazed by it.

Kimber does understand that there is a baby in mom's belly. He points to it sometimes and says Mom's baby, Dad's baby. He is not sure if he wants to be a big brother. I think it is because he doesn't understand yet. We will have to wait and see what happens when the baby is born. He loves seeing and taking care of babies. I know that he is going to be a big helper!!!!

1 comment:

  1. We are so excited! I'm happy to hear that everything is going well. Keep us updated.

    ReplyDelete